While attending the Federation of Genealogical Societies annual conference in Pittsburgh just before Labor Day, I joined the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society. I have many ancestors who lived in New York state and I aim to bear down on learning more about their lives and times.
Here are some of the benefits of belonging to NYG&B for anyone having ancestors who lived in New York:
- The New York Knowledge Base containing hundreds of articles and in-depth research aids covering a variety of topics related to New York research. Items within the Knowledge Base are also linked to other parts of the NYG&B’s website, allowing you to easily find blog posts, online records, and other articles related to any topic.
- Live webinars and onsite events featuring renowned New York genealogists. Visit the complete calendar of events or register for an upcoming webinar.
- A growing library of recorded webinars and other tools ensures you are just a few clicks away from learning from New York’s experts on a variety of topics – including New York’s canal system, immigration, and tracing families overseas.
- The NYG&B blog which discussed the latest New York family history news and insightful articles.
- The NYG&B store which offers a variety of helpful products and other services to assist you in your research.
- Social networking at nyfamilyhistory on Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram
- Connecting with a community of fellow members with the NYG&B Members Forum, to share questions and advice with other researchers.